MCQ and Simulated Surgery Exams
- There are two parts to the MCQ I&R Learning Needs Assessment; both are designed to assess some of
the essential competencies outlined in the National Person Specification and are based around clinical
- If you are sitting the papers for the first time, you will first be asked to complete a Professional
Dilemmas (PD) paper, followed by a Clinical Problem Solving (CPS) paper.
- The PD paper: 62 items - 124 minutes
- The CPS paper: 86 questions - 65 minutes
- The Simulated Surgery is not primarily a test of knowledge but that of consulting and communication
skills. It is intended to be just like an everyday surgery in any general practice.
- You will be given a consulting room
- 10 min appointment slots where you will demonstrate your consulting skills to an assessor
- In order to access the brochure simply enters your details in the Registration Form and then click on the